Supported Residential Services Business Support Coordinator
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
With over 3000 staff across 200 national locations, a strong history of committed leadership and values driving growth, we invite you to bring your professional skills and passion to our motivated team
About the Role
genU Outreach provides a range of DHHS funded services that support vulnerable people, one of which is the SAVVI Program. SAVVI (Supporting Accommodation for Vulnerable Victorians Initiative) FCR (Facility Cost Relief) and Amenity and Safety provides a financial contribution to assist proprietors meet specified running costs of SAVVI Supported Residential Services (SRS) and to improve the comfort and safety of facilities and a range of repairs and maintenance. SAVVI also includes targeted projects and capacity building activities.
The purpose of this position is to administer and implement the SAVVI program currently in two pensioner level Supported Residential Services in Geelong and one in Warrnambool. Your role will include:
- Developing and implementing annual expenditure plans for Facility Cost Relief in line with program guidelines and in partnership with SRS proprietors, notifying the Authorised Officer.
- Developing priorities for Amenity and Safety expenditure in partnership with SRS proprietors and DHHS. Includes an annual expenditure plan.
- Facilitating SAVVI projects as required.
- Identifying and implementing cluster based activities to support the improvement of proprietor’s skills and knowledge and facilitating linkages both within the cluster and the wider community including local services. Includes developing an annual cluster plan and noting DHHS priorities.
Skills and experience
This exciting part time position will suit an applicant who has excellent business acumen and experience working in the community sector. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Aged Care/Disability or equivalent;
- Skills for investigating, planning and developing innovative strategies and options in conjunction with SRS proprietors for improving services and achieving increased positive outcomes for the residents of pension level SRS’s who may include the aged, people with a disability, people who are experiencing social isolation and those who are socially disadvantaged;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated analytical skills in relation to:
- Preparation of reports and other written material
- Preparation of budgets and financial plans, to ensure the full expenditure of such plans within SAVVI Guidelines in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to implement services within the Welfare and Disability industry including at the Commonwealth, State and local government levels with particular attention for: Supported Residential Services (Private Proprietors) Act 2010, Supported Residential Services (Private Proprietors) Regulations 2012 & SAVVI Guidelines.
Benefits & Culture
genU is proud to be an EEO employer. genU supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Tax effective salary packaging benefits
- Ongoing training & development – accredited and paid
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
Please click here to view a copy of the position description outlining full details of this role:
For further details please contact Leanne Napper on (03) 5249 8968