Volunteer - My New Neighbour Ambassador
This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead in your community in promoting the My New Neighbour campaign. My New Neighbour Ambassadors are people who recognise the importance of community led, neighbourhood driven solutions to help build more inclusive, stronger and healthier communities.
Together with the Refugee Advisory Group, Ambassadors are our official representatives of the movement, supported to stand up, speak out and share their stories of inspiration, hope and community.
My New Neighbour Ambassadors are diverse people from across Australia, reflective of our grassroots social change movement to challenge injustice.
This role is responsible for:
- Promoting and engaging in conversations about the My New Neighbour campaign
- Speaking at and/or attend My New Neighbour awareness raising events
- Encouraging networks and local organisations to become involved in the campaign
- Promoting My New Neighbour through social media in accordance with Amnesty International Australia’s Media Policy, key messaging and Code of Conduct
- Abiding by all relevant AIA policies and procedures
Essential Qualities, Skills and Experience:
- Lived experience of being a refugee or have worked closely with volunteer, community based initiatives that support or involve refugees in some way
- Confidence in telling stories and speaking to large groups of people
This opportunity within Amnesty International Australia is on a volunteer and unpaid basis. There is no intention to enter into an employment or legal relationship by either party in fulfilment of the duties as specified in this position description. By applying for this opportunity you agree to the above.
To learn more about this role, please view the position description. Please note, we will be accepting applications for this role on a continuous rolling basis but would like Ambassadors to start ASAP - so please complete your application as soon as you are able!
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact on our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team