Volunteer - CiE Regional Lead Activists
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Perth, Canberra
A unique opportunity to take the lead in guiding and helping to coordinate the work of other activists in your jurisdiction to further the goals of Amnesty’s Community is Everything (CiE) campaign. This campaign seeks to end the overrepresentation of Indigenous children in the Australian criminal justice system, calling for governments to support more Indigenous-led solutions for kids and change laws for a fairer youth justice system.
This role is responsible for:
- Lead on CiE work for the jurisdiction that you are based in, keeping up to date with youth justice news and policy for that region
- Collaborate with staff, groups, activists and rights holders to develop a jurisdictional campaign plan for CiE
- Build close relationships with key activists and action groups in the region, supporting them to increase activist engagement in CiE and provide them with campaign updates and strategy
- Participate in campaign evaluation
- Organise and facilitate meetings (e.g. via Zoom) with groups in the region working on CiE at key mobilisation moments
- Report to the jurisdiction’s Activist Leadership Committee with updates on the CiE campaign
Please submit your interest by applying below, applications close on Monday January 13th at 12pm AEST. There are multiple positions available across the different regions in Australia.
This opportunity within Amnesty International Australia is on a volunteer and unpaid basis. There is no intention to enter into an employment or legal relationship by either party in fulfilment of the duties as specified in this position description. By applying for this opportunity you agree to the above.
To learn more about this role, please view the position description
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact on our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team.