Volunteer - Regional Media
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Perth, Canberra
A unique opportunity to work with our Media Team to generate local media coverage that demonstrates Amnesty International Australia’s work in the community and promotes events and activities in the region.
This role is responsible for:
- managing reactive and proactive regional media on a day-to-day basis (not national or syndicated content – this will be passed on to the national Media Team)
- acting as the main point of contact for any local groups or individuals who want to engage with the media.
- engaging with and building relationships with local journalists
- Issuing local media/event alerts
- writing content (letters to the editor etc)
- managing incoming media requests where appropriate
- managing local-level spokes-people:
- providing briefs and lines of response in consultation with the Media Team
- liaising to arrange interviews
- other tasks within your skills and competence as required
Please submit your interest by applying below, applications close at 12pm AEDT 21st November. There are multiple positions available across all locations.
This opportunity within Amnesty International Australia is on a volunteer and unpaid basis. There is no intention to enter into an employment or legal relationship by either party in fulfilment of the duties as specified in this position description. By applying for this opportunity you agree to the above.
Appointing someone to this role is time sensitive and we aim to appoint someone as quickly as possible to ensure a smooth transition. Because of this quick turn around interviews will be held approx 1 week after the closing date and we ask that if you are submitting your application for this opportunity that you are available for interviews.
To learn more about this role, please view the position description
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact on our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team.