Story, Content and Engagement Lead
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Perth, Canberra
- Are you a Passionate and Motivated Human Rights Defender?
- Be a valuable leader of a high impact team for a leading not for profit
- 6 month full time contract role until April 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Supporter Engagement team, provide valuable knowledge and expertise, and lead a dynamic Story and Content Team.
You will use your highly-developed people management, data analysis, creative and digital skills to lead a team to develop engaging communications that support Amnesty International Australia’s campaigns, fundraising and movement building. You will lead our Story and Content Team in creating high-impact content based on insights and data-driven distribution strategies across channels and formats: video and multimedia, email and social media. You will have current and relevant skills and knowledge in digital technology and be on top of new developments and social trends, particularly in the context of applying digital tools to advance social justice and human rights.
Your creativity, leadership and proactive attitude will help you contribute to our broader Supporter Engagement team, as well as ensure that Amnesty continues to grow and contribute to the movement.
- Contribute to the development of the Supporter Engagement Strategy, including defining measures of supporter engagement and appropriate KPIs (including retention, lifetime value etc)
- Assess supporter touchpoints and ensure optimum user experience
- Develop overall contact strategy across all platforms based on research/volume testing
- Train and coach key staff and supporters across the organisation to improve supporter engagement and communications competencies
- Lead, inspire and mentor the Story and Content Team, including oversight of the following:
- Coaching and development of Story and Content staff
- Social media for supporter engagement
- Content strategy and planning
- Content production and distribution for impact and fundraising
- Content evaluation/reporting
In return, you will be rewarded with generous and flexible working conditions, a fantastic environment working alongside committed and dedicated individuals and an opportunity to directly contribute to the long term sustainability of our organisation. To view some of the fantastic benefits that you will be offered as an employee, please visit our website.
If this role sounds like you please apply below, you will be required to answer a few short selection criteria and attach your cover letter and CV. Applications close 9am Tuesday 18th November 2019.
To learn more about this role, please view a detailed position description.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact on our work and the communities in which we operate. At Amnesty International Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team.
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit organisations. We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
- Empowerment - we build people power
- Persistence - we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
- Integrity - we hold ourselves to the highest standards
- Courage - we are fearless in upholding human rights
To keep up-to-date with employment opportunities and news stories at AI Australia, please follow us on LinkedIn