Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Perth, Canberra
- Are you a passionate and motivated human rights defender?
- Use your strategic relationship and influencing skills for a leading not for profit
- Permanent full-time opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Fundraising area and provide valuable knowledge and support to our Philanthropy team. The Philanthropy Specialist will be responsible for maintaining a pipeline of current and prospective donors (comprising individuals, trusts and businesses) and supporting our major donor events and external communications.
As a member of the Philanthropy team, this is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your fundraising expertise in the world’s leading human rights organisation and help deliver Amnesty Australia’s Vision.
Your creativity, inquisitiveness and proactive attitude will help you contribute to our broader Fundraising area, as well as ensure that our Philanthropy team continues to grow and contribute to the global Amnesty movement.
You will have:
- Proven ability and track record of inspiring philanthropists to donate large gifts and in managing high-level relationships
- A results-oriented attitude, with demonstrated experience in developing a gift plan and achieving targets
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proven multi-tasking, planning and organisational skills.
- A passion for human rights
In return, you will be rewarded with generous and flexible working conditions, a fantastic environment working alongside committed and dedicated individuals and an opportunity to directly contribute to the long term sustainability of our organisation. To view some of the fantastic benefits that you will be offered as an employee, please visit our website.
If this role sounds like you please apply below, you will be required to answer a few short selection criteria and attach your cover letter and CV. Applications close 9am Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
To learn more about this role, please view a detailed position description.
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
- Empowerment - we build people power
- Persistence - we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
- Integrity - we hold ourselves to the highest standards
- Courage - we are fearless in upholding human rights
To keep up-to-date with employment opportunities and news stories at AI Australia, please follow us on LinkedIn
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact on our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team.