- Keen to play a meaningful role in a challenging and dynamic environment?
- Exciting opportunity for your professional development
- Full-time 9 month contract position
We have an exciting contract position available for an experienced Media professional, based in our NSW Action Centre in Chippendale.
Leading the Media Team, you will be responsible for driving human rights change and raising Amnesty’s profile through national media. You will develop and manage strategic relationships, provide expert advice on national media opportunities for our priority campaigns and oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of high quality and innovative strategies.
You will have:
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to critically analyse and articulate complex issues;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to liaise with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically, execute and evaluate media plans to achieve organisation objectives;
- Experience leading, motivating, supervising and supporting staff and volunteers;
- Proven experience in issues and crisis response media work in a similar position;
- Developed understanding of Australian and international media and current issues;
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment, work under pressure and manage own workload while handling competing priorities and deadlines; and
- Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
In return, you will be rewarded with a fantastic office environment and the knowledge that you will be working for an organisation committed to making a difference.
If this role sounds like you, please apply below by answering a few short questions relating to the selection criteria and upload your CV. Applications close 9am Monday 17 September 2018.
To learn more about this role, please view a detailed position description.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
About Amnesty International Australia
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
- Empowerment- we build people power
- Persistence- we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
- Integrity- we hold ourselves to the highest standards
- Courage- we are fearless in upholding human rights
To keep up-to-date with employment opportunities and news stories at AIA, please follow us on LinkedIn