Social Media Specialist
- Showcase your exceptional social media skills
- Provide expert social media advice and develop and implement strategies and initiatives to support AIA campaigns
- Immediate start available, 12 month maternity contract opportunity based in Sydney
Amnesty International Australia (AIA) currently has an exciting 12 month maternity leave contract available for an experienced Social Media Specialist. This full-time contract position is immediately available and will be based in our Sydney Action Centre.
As the Social Media Specialist, you are responsible for the ongoing development of Amnesty International Australia’s (AIA's) growing social media program in order to engage communities with our campaigns and activism through powerful storytelling. The position utilises analysis and metrics to develop effective strategies to build and retain an active online community. You will provide rich content aligned to our priority campaigns, delivered via effective means to mobilise supporters and maximise campaign engagement.
You will also undertake training of staff and key activists in social media to ensure it is effectively utilised and to help empower activists and other stakeholders in the online environment.
You will have:
- Professional experience in planning, producing, developing and targeting social media communications, preferably in an advocacy-style organisation;
- Experience in developing and producing clear and compelling social media content to mobilise and engage target audiences;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written. Advanced social media writing skills;
- Ability to develop and deliver organisational training in online tools to a diverse stakeholder group, including producing support materials;
- Excellent understanding of the social media landscape, best practice principles and current platform trends;
- Ability to interpret and analyse online metrics through tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Power Editor to improve project and organisational outcomes;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and budgets for paid and unpaid social media campaigns; and
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines.
In return, you will be rewarded with a flexible, caring, family friendly working environment with the opportunity to work alongside committed and enthusiastic individuals dedicated to achieving change in the world.
Amnesty International Australia welcomes applications from people with diverse experience including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from different cultural backgrounds.
To learn more about this role, please view a detailed Position Description.
If this role sounds like you please apply below by answering a few short questions relating to the selection criteria, and attach your cover letter and CV. Applications close 9am Monday, 20 August 2018.
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
- Empowerment - we build people power
- Persistence - we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
- Integrity - we hold ourselves to the highest standards
- Courage - we are fearless in upholding human rights